Thursday, November 20, 2014

Week 12 Las Vegas Prime Doc, 40 mm--, Some new experiments, just for fun!!


Hi, Everybody!  Well, this week, I tried a new look at the world- a little crazy, brand new, kind of raw, wanting refinement, and very fun. Sort of like standing on one's head and shooting away, then seeing what happened. I got colors, textures, results, and places from which to begin.  It was a reminder to me  that there are always new adventures ahead, and that sometimes things should just be experimental and fun--you can always stress and agonize later, erase, redo, throw out, reblend....

It's always interesting to get a test reaction to one's work- I guess I am getting used to it when I show someone a new piece that I particularly like and am met with deafening silence- probably to be interpreted as "what?! Have you finally completely lost your mind? " or, " seriously? I hate it, whatever it is! " But I am now convinced that I may truly be understood only after I am dead, so I am printing and labeling carefully to preserve my work for when I am discovered posthumously! An artist must have a strong ego.  

I hope there is something here that you like, or do not hate,  or makes you smile, or take a second look.  I also hope you had fun this week with your own crazy endeavors. Together let's make a wild,  beautiful stew to leave behind for posterity.  Happy shooting! :-)



 












No comments:

Post a Comment